Monday, August 5, 2013

A Recycled Happy Birthday!



Hello all my scrappy followers!  Today, is a double challenge card. Yep, I don't know how I did it but I did!  I started of by playing along with the A Blog Named Hero Recycling Challenge and when I was done.....I was like WHOA! I guess I Cas(e) the Sketch!  While this may not be very Clean and Simple... It was very easy and quick! 

I started of with some scraps on my desk...I found the embossed acetate packaging I had done a while back and never used in on a card.  I also had this medium sized brown paper bag on my desk that I kept trying to use and just couldn't make it happen.  I cut the bag down to be manageable on a card and picked a scrap of yellow paper out of my trash that I had sketched a heart on. I stamped over the heart and cut it out with a tag die.  Placed that sucker in the pocket and BAM! Instant Embellie! 

Since, there is no great way to attached the acetate to the card, I used my trusty stapler. 

Recycled Materials Used:
- Brown Paper Bag
- Acetate from packaging
- Scrap paper I Literally pulled from my trash can! 

I think I did pretty good on Recycling some stuff, that would have gone to the landfill.  

Materials:
Hero Arts Stamp - Glow Girl
MFT - Tag Die
Brown Paper Bag
Acetate from Packaging
Scrap Papers
Hero Arts Neon Blue Ink
Stapler
Wood Venners - Studio Calico
Neon Paint Pens
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Happy Scrapping!
~Danielle



3 comments:

  1. I think this card is super fabulous! Where do I start with what I love?? Love the neon, the tag, the bag, the arrows and especially the embossed acetate! And the way you used the staples is just plain fun! Awesome awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use up your scraps! Thanks for playing along at a ABNH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card. I love the pocket so much. Thanks for joing us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete