Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #7


 Hello my beautiful ladies!  I am here with an entry for the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #7 - Patriotic!  I wanted to dive into my stash and use something I haven't used before.  Thus the searching wasn't very hard!!! lol  

I reached for my MFT stamps, which I love, but sadly don't use enough.  One of the sets has a good sized star and a tag die.  I went ahead and embossed the star on some red vellum from my stash and then cut it out with the tag die. 

Then I grabbed my new Lawn Fawn Dies to spell out Happy 4th of July.  They needed to be grounded so I placed them on strips of watercolored paper scraps I had on my desk from a previous project. 

For some texture I used my Studio Calico Star Stencil and some embossing paste for the background. To finish it off I used some bakers twine and some shiny star sequins!!!  



Materials: 
MFT Stamps & Dies 
Lawn Fawn - 123s Dies & Quinn's ABCs Dies
Martha Stewart Bakers Twine
Star Sequins
Studio Calico Star Stencil
Embossing Paste
Stampin Up Card Stock
Watercolor Paper
Watercolors
Red Vellum


Happy Stampin!
~Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooo!!! Now that's some star spangled FUN!!! Love the stars embossing paste! And the dies are so cool on the strips!! Dude - love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat with the bars across it. Love the texture and the depth. And the colours pop so much! Awesome card for the challenge, Danielle. :)

    ReplyDelete